Dual La2a - [silent:arts] version

This section is for registered users to discussspecific projects and troubleshooting.

Moderatoren: TVPstudio, kubi

offthewallstudio

Re: Dual La2a - [silent:arts] version

Beitrag von offthewallstudio »

Hey everyone! I am getting ready to build the D-LA2A i have never built anything besides a 500 series mic pre. Any tips would be most appreciated :D

kubi

Beitrag von kubi »

My most important recommendations:

Get hold of a complete(!) BOM, sum up all figures including all shipping costs and fees and decide for yourself if you still want to build it after seeing the expected costs.

Get a friend or college or whoever into DIY and try to build two of the compressors together. Honestly, nothing inspires and motivates more then a buddy and a partner to see on a regular basis and to build together.

Schedule a certain amount of time per week for your DIY activities and keep up the self-discipline, otherwise the project might fall behind, it might get shelved for a while and then remain unfinished for ever.

Anything else (technical hints, etc.) can be found here in the forum or on the suppliers' websites.

And first of all, good luck, dare it and keep your head up even if things do not work out at once!
Darius

offthewallstudio

Beitrag von offthewallstudio »

kubi hat geschrieben:My most important recommendations:

Get hold of a complete(!) BOM, sum up all figures including all shipping costs and fees and decide for yourself if you still want to build it after seeing the expected costs.

Get a friend or college or whoever into DIY and try to build two of the compressors together. Honestly, nothing inspires and motivates more then a buddy and a partner to see on a regular basis and to build together.

Schedule a certain amount of time per week for your DIY activities and keep up the self-discipline, otherwise the project might fall behind, it might get shelved for a while and then remain unfinished for ever.

Anything else (technical hints, etc.) can be found here in the forum or on the suppliers' websites.

And first of all, good luck, dare it and keep your head up even if things do not work out at once!

Thanks Man!!! I am doing everything you said but I don't really have a buddy who is into this sort of thing. Thank man!

jensenmann

Beitrag von jensenmann »

You´re aware of the groupdiy.com forum? Our forum here is based mostly on german members, so according to your language it might be difficult to find someone here who is close to your home. But at groupdiy there are so many members, you´ll most likely find someone in your area.
Jens

Organisator

Beitrag von Organisator »

jensenmann hat geschrieben:You´re aware of the groupdiy.com forum?
Yes, he does. In fact he posted the same thing there:
http://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=326 ... #msg732064

Cremissimo

Beitrag von Cremissimo »

Jeder Mensch ist geheimnisvoll.
hülle iphone 6 plus

Jane

Beitrag von Jane »

cool!das mag ich :cool:

xperia z4 schutzhülle