EMI Filter Line

Das Zeichenbrett ist der richtige Ort um Elektronikwissen, Entwicklung und neue Ideen zu diskutieren.

Moderatoren: TVPstudio, kubi

Antworten
bernbrue

EMI Filter Line

Beitrag von bernbrue »

Hi Leute,
ich habe mal wieder etwas Elektroschrott aus Frankreich importiert. Anders als der Titel es vielleicht vermuten mag, handelt es sich um PSUs mit 12V und 5V Ausgang. Kann mir jemand etwas zu den EMI Filtern sagen? Lassen sich solche PSUs prinzipiell fuer Audio verwenden oder streuen die zu sehr? Habe etwa 10 Stueck von diesen Netzteilen und werde die wohl als Ersatzteillager verwenden (Hochvolt Becherelkos, Kuehlkoerper etc.). Die Bilder sind sehr gross, deshalb hier nur der link.

http://www.twin-x.com/groupdiy/albums/u ... SU_001.jpg
http://www.twin-x.com/groupdiy/albums/u ... SU_003.jpg

Gruss
Bernd

jensenmann

Beitrag von jensenmann »

Diese Filter filtern hochfrequente Signale aus der Netzspannung raus. Ich sehe aber nicht daß wir für unsere Anwendung brauchen, da wir ja soundso unsere Betriebsspannungen sehr gut filtern, um sie sauber zu halten.

In meinem Langevin AM16 habe ich ein Schaltnetzteil drin, allerdings ist es gekapselt/abgeschirmt. Damit habe ich gute Ergebnisse erzielt. Ungekapselt würde ich das Zeug nicht verwenden, da die Teile Hochfrequenzsender sind und in einem Gehäuse ganz schön viel HF-Müll verbreiten.
Jens

Wizard

Beitrag von Wizard »

Good line filters are definently worth using in studio equipment.
Specially since "dirty" power lines are getting more and more of a problem.
There is a reason why many are spending big money on filtering all the power going into their studios...

kubi
Beitrag von kubi »

True, but well, I doubt the high frequency trash in the power line is the biggest problem. Way more disturbing are the peeks and pops in the power line that occur when somebody downstairs opens the fridge or turns on the microwave oven.
Darius

olafmatt

Beitrag von olafmatt »

Right, I'm using these EMI filters in whatever I build. Maybe they don't help against anything but at least they give a good karma and I can sleep well.
Concerning the pops and clicks when the fridge starts I still haven't found the ultimate solution to get rid of it. I'm currently experimenting with different voltage regulator topologies (for tube stuff, so we're talking about 300V regs here) in order to find the one that gives the least audible spikes in the audio signal.
The high frequency trash gets probably/hopefully filtered out by the power transformer anyway. The only real benefit is that the leads from the power plug to the mains switch are a bit more trash-free when using an EMI filter.

Olaf
Welcome to the Techtalk leper colony! When something falls off, we just replace it with a THAT chip!

bernbrue

Beitrag von bernbrue »

So I should keep them for projects with a power switch in the center of the faceplate. Do I just put them between main power and transformer?
Thx for your comments.
regards
Bernd

Wizard

Beitrag von Wizard »

They DO help, not like a real interference supression transformer and/or a true big overdimensioned UPS. But they take away some of the crap anyway.

And yes, you put them inbetween the mains and the transformer. Observe the grounding and the direction of the unit as well.

Antworten