Enhanced Pultec DIY

This section is for registered users to discussspecific projects and troubleshooting.

Moderatoren: TVPstudio, kubi

Maarten
Beitrag von Maarten »

This escape is an option I also thought about, good call. But I doubt if this will work for the log pots for the bass, maybe I’ll use a linear taper for that as well.

Someone mentioned that the circuit is in fact a simple voltage divider. Changing the divider would change the dB range. So I still have hopes for an easy solution. If all else fails, then I will use stepped switched, but that will require a lot more time to build. Or… just roughly build one channel and start experimenting and see how the parts interact with each other.

The unit will be used on the 2bus during mastering. 3dB range is really the max I need for that, maybe even less, like 2dB. I hardly boost/cut anything more then that. Good control over 0-1dB is the priority. If the song needs more then 3dB, then an addition EQ will do the trick.

Thanx for your input!
Maarten

benlindell
Beitrag von benlindell »

I got my first channel fired up tonight with my stepped switches.

I'm getting some boost both Lows and High, but I have a whole host of problems. When I turn them all the way down I get no signal, which looks almost like what's supposed to happen the signal has a straight path to ground. Did I screw something up by using stepped switches instead of pots? A whole bunch of other problems like the bass boost frequency not moving, both boosts adding more gain to the entire signal than just their frequency, the bypass is off by +6db.... Gonna take this one step at a time.

benlindell
Beitrag von benlindell »

I'm comparing the V1 and V1.5 Wiring and Components Diagrams and there a ton of differences:

the extra two 1K or 10K resistors near the filter output
the the 0mh connection goes to a different leg of the HF boost
the HF bandwidth connects the opposite leg to the High freq Selector pad A.

Is the V1.4 board and V1.5 Wiring guide working for anyone using pots?

I feel like these changes would make the filter circuit way way different between the 2 versions.

benlindell
Beitrag von benlindell »

I can confirm that filterboard V1.4 that gustav sold do not work as is. Briomusic over at GroupDIY posted a great diagram for the offboard wiring needed to make these work, they only took me 15 minutes to do.

http://www.prodigy-pro.com/diy/index.ph ... #msg517365

seavote

gustavs 1.4 version hookup

Beitrag von seavote »

i did not go back to the prodigy pro thread just now but if i recall correctly
the members who found their projects hook up faulty, were using gyrafs tube circuit for their gainstage. i was under the impression( maybe incorrectly,thats why im posting here) that the boards worked fine with franks solid state gain stage. do you know if this is true?

nrgrecording
Site Admin

Beitrag von nrgrecording »

Hi.

I just made a pcb design with the changes:

http://www.nrgrecording.de/temporary/En ... 20V1.6.pdf

Haven't tested this version yet. Regarding the other (original) pcb layout I got different infos - some say it works, the others say it doesn't work. I also added fixed inductors to the pcb layout so you can choose between 3 different inductors.
Iam pretty sure that the filterboards works with the gyraf SRPP gainstage - at least if the filterboard works with the opamp gainstage it should work with the tube gainstage, too.

Frank.
Frank Röllen. www.energyrecording.de [FORUM · DIY WEBSITE · TONSTUDIO]°°°° www.frontpanels.de [cnc gefertigte Frontplatten]°°°°

sangeet
Beitrag von sangeet »

cool, thanks a lot Frank

did somebody try this new 1.6 Version already?

sangeet
Beitrag von sangeet »

nrgrecording hat geschrieben: Ich hab mir neulich was bei dem hier ätzen lassen...
http://www.platinenbelichter.de/
Für 8,50€/pro 160x100mm Platine gehe ich nicht mehr in die Werkstatt und fange an zu ätzen.
Den wollte ich auch beauftragen, der will bestimmt wieder die Masse der Platine wissen....Somebody can tell me the size of the boards?

nrgrecording
Site Admin

Beitrag von nrgrecording »

160x100mm (wie immer)
Frank Röllen. www.energyrecording.de [FORUM · DIY WEBSITE · TONSTUDIO]°°°° www.frontpanels.de [cnc gefertigte Frontplatten]°°°°

sangeet
Beitrag von sangeet »

sangeet
Beitrag von sangeet »

nrgrecording hat geschrieben:160x100mm (wie immer)
Ah, aber was ist mit dem Gainboard, das wirkt auf mich kleiner.

[silent:arts]
Beitrag von [silent:arts] »

nrgrecording hat geschrieben:160x100mm (wie immer)
Spieser :lol: :lol: :lol:
volker
olafmatt hat geschrieben:Strom kann tot machen

sangeet
Beitrag von sangeet »

nrgrecording hat geschrieben:Hi.

I just made a pcb design with the changes:

http://www.nrgrecording.de/temporary/En ... 20V1.6.pdf

Haven't tested this version yet. Regarding the other (original) pcb layout I got different infos - some say it works, the others say it doesn't work. I also added fixed inductors to the pcb layout so you can choose between 3 different inductors.
Iam pretty sure that the filterboards works with the gyraf SRPP gainstage - at least if the filterboard works with the opamp gainstage it should work with the tube gainstage, too.

Frank.
This 1.6 version gives me the following mistakes:
In active mode I have a loss of 6 dB.
Low boost only around 9 dB.
I will investigate and compare with the other version, I hope that I can report back here soon.

ivan

Beitrag von ivan »

I have a similar problem on 1.6 version.
Low boost is small, low cut is oversize and i have also loss in active mode.

sangeet
Beitrag von sangeet »

I tried a few modifications but no luck so far :-(

Antworten